We’ll be here, even if you can’t
You don’t want to think about the unthinkable – leaving your kids without parents – but it could happen.
Modern Woodmen provides financial support for the care and education of members’ children who become orphaned. The new legal guardian receives monthly payments for each child through age 18.
- Ages 5 and under: $200 per month.
- Ages 6-13: $250 per month.
- Ages 14-18: $300 per month.
Payments begin one month after approval by Modern Woodmen. They continue until the orphan becomes self-supporting, marries, reaches age 19, or enrolls in college under the benefit’s education grant. The grant pays $16,000 (up to $4,000 each school year) to an accredited college, university or vocational institution.
Would my child qualify?
- The child’s last surviving legal parent must have been a Modern Woodmen member with a life insurance contract in force for at least six months immediately preceding death.
- The orphaned child must be age 18 or younger to be eligible for monthly payments.
- The education grant will renew each year, provided the student maintains acceptable grades.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for the Orphan Benefit, contact your Modern Woodmen representative. (You can find his or her contact information using the Find a Rep feature of this site.) Or call Modern Woodmen’s headquarters at 309-558-3077 or 800-447-9811.
Subject to change, fraternal member programs are not part of the contract and may have specific eligibility requirements. Some programs are not available to all members. Log in to your online member account for complete details.
Your financial representative
Meet a Modern Woodmen representative in your community and begin to explore how shared values can work for you.
Find a rep near you
Need help finding a representative?
If you’re unable to find a Modern Woodmen representative in your community, we’d like to help.Contact the home office