Last Modified: November 2, 2023
This Website is operated and provided by Modern Woodmen to provide information about our fraternal benefits, products, and services.
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States of America. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Modern Woodmen and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
These terms apply exclusively to your access to and use of the Website and do not alter the terms or conditions of any other agreement you may have with Modern Woodmen or any of its affiliates.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
Modern Woodmen reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or Materials we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. All transmissions by you via the Website shall be at your sole risk, and Modern Woodmen will not be responsible for any communication line failures, equipment, system failures, or other such occurrences. Modern Woodmen will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, Modern Woodmen may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for the following:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website, including, but not limited to, having the appropriate computer equipment and Internet access to use the Website.
- Any and all communication charges and equipment costs, such as monthly fees for a service provider, relating to your use of the Website.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures or authentication procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, materials, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, functions, organization, design, content, HTML code, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion, graphics, text, displays, images, video, audio, and other files and matters related to this Website, as well as the overall coordination, selection and arrangement (“Materials”)) are owned by Modern Woodmen, its licensors, or other providers of such Materials and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws, including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, international conventions, and other copyright laws.
Modern Woodmen grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and display the Website and the Materials thereon only for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree to comply with all applicable copyright laws in your use of this Website and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Materials. This authorization is not a transfer of title in the Materials and copies of the Materials. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, transmit any of the Materials on Modern Woodmen’s Website, except as follows:
- Your computer or mobile device may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of the Materials from this Website in any way; prepare derivative works based upon such content; reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose; or modify, copy, distribute, frame, reproduce, republish, download, display, post, transmit, or sell the Materials in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without prior written permission of the copyright owner.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of Materials from this Website.
- Transfer the Materials to any other person.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Modern Woodmen, a Modern Woodmen employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, disrupt, or otherwise abuse, any parts or the security of, the Website, or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Website or affiliated or linked web sites.
- To disrupt or interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of the Website or affiliated or linked web sites, or which, as determined by Modern Woodmen, may harm Modern Woodmen or uses of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring, extracting, collecting, harvesting, or copying the web pages or any data or data fields contained on the Website, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information of any other user of the Website.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Upload, post, introduce, or otherwise transmit through or on the Website any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other harmful, malicious, disruptive or destructive files or materials.
- Create or use a false identity on the Website.
- Attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Website or portions of the Website which are restricted from general access.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Furthermore, you agree that you are solely responsible for actions and communications undertaken or transmitted under your account.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
Modern Woodmen has the right to:
- Terminate, change, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of the Website, including the availability of any features of the Website, at any time.
- Remove, modify, or otherwise change any content, including that of third parties, on or from the Website.
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS MODERN WOODMEN AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY MODERN WOODMEN OR ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER MODERN WOODMEN OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Note, however, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that Modern Woodmen cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Website for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR VIA THE WEBSITE MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. MODERN WOODMEN DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE MATERIALS OR THE RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT, MEMORANDUM, OR INFORMATION SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. MODERN WOODMEN RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY PORTION OF THE WEBSITE. MODERN WOODMEN MAY MAKE ANY OTHER CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE, THE MATERIALS AND THE PRODUCTS, PROGRAMS, SERVICES OR PRICES (IF ANY) DESCRIBED IN THE WEBSITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. MODERN WOODMEN DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED. THE ISSUER ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGES THAT MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOU, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSSES FROM DELAYS, NONDELIVERIES OF CONTENT OR ANY COMMUNICATIONS, ERRORS, SYSTEM DOWN TIME, MISDELIVERIES OR MISCOMMUNICATIONS, NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGES, FILE CORRUPTION, OR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF MODERN WOODMEN, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND LICENSORS, OR YOUR OWN ERRORS AND/OR OMISSIONS. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENTS, AND ANY SOFTWARE, SERVICES, OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH OR MADE AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
As a convenience to you, Modern Woodmen may provide, on the Website, links to websites operated by other entities. These links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. If you use these third-party websites, you will leave the Website. If you visit any linked third-party website, you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. Modern Woodmen has no control over the contents of those websites or resources and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. Modern Woodmen makes no warranty or representation regarding, and does not endorse, any linked websites or the information appearing thereon or any of the products or services described thereon. Links do not imply that Modern Woodmen or the Website sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked website is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of Modern Woodmen or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.
Linking to the Website
All links to the Website must be approved in writing by Modern Woodmen except that Modern Woodmen consents to links in a way that is fair and legal and provided that:
- the link is a text-only link containing the name Modern Woodmen or the URL modernwoodmen.org;
- the link, when activated by a user, displays this page full screen in a fully operable and navigable browser window and not within a “frame” on the linked site; and
- the appearance, position, and other aspects of the link neither create the false appearance that an entity or its activities or products are associated with, sponsored by, approved of, or endorsed by Modern Woodmen nor be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill or reputation associated with the name and trademarks of Modern Woodmen.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. Modern Woodmen reserves the right to revoke any consent to link at any time in its sole discretion. Modern Woodmen may also disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES/WAIVER:
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL MODERN WOODMEN, ITS AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES,INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE SECTION AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. YOU ARE WAIVING ANY RIGHT THAT YOU MAY HAVE TO BRING LEGAL ACTION TO ASSERT A CLAIM AGAINST US OR THE OTHER PARTIES SET OUT ABOVE FOR OUR OR THEIR NEGLIGENCE.
Modern Woodmen, the owner of the Website, is based in the State of Illinois in the United States of America. The Website is controlled, operated, and administered by Modern Woodmen from its offices within the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal or available to certain persons or in certain countries. Access to the Website from territories where its contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
If for any reason a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this agreement or portion thereof to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of this agreement, and the remainder of this agreement shall continue in full force and effect.