In case of emergency
House fire. Flood. Storm damage. Medical emergency. When disaster strikes, resources get tight, but life insurance protection is crucial.
Modern Woodmen’s Fraternal Aid Fund could help. Members who suffer a financial hardship and find it difficult to keep their life insurance in force may qualify to have their premium payments covered for three months. Requests for this fraternal program are granted based on need and the inability to pay premiums.
If approved, Modern Woodmen will apply Fraternal Aid to all life certificates owned and paid for by the member and/or the member’s spouse.
Do I qualify?
- All members who own Modern Woodmen life insurance can apply.
- You must provide proof of financial hardship with your application.
- The financial hardship must be caused by an illness, injury, accident, fire or natural disaster.
- Financial hardships caused solely by unemployment or a change in employment status don’t qualify.
How to apply
- Download, print and complete one of these Fraternal Aid Fund application forms.
- Provide supporting documents that show out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred as a result of the disaster, accident or illness. Examples include medical or hospital bills, prescription receipts or bills for other related expenses. Please provide enough documentation to substantiate financial hardship.
- Submit your application and supporting documents to Modern Woodmen’s Fraternal Department within 12 months of the incident causing the hardship.
- Email to Modern Woodmen's Fraternal Department.
- Mail to: Modern Woodmen Fraternal Department, 1701 1st Ave., Rock Island, IL 61201.
Members can apply for the program a second time within a five-year period by completing one of the above applications or the Fraternal Aid Fund extension application. You must provide supporting documents that show the out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred since the last time Fraternal Aid was granted. Please provide enough documentation to substantiate financial hardship.
Subject to change, fraternal member programs are not part of the contract and may have specific eligibility requirements. Some programs are not available to all members. Log in to your online member account for complete details.
Your financial representative
Meet a Modern Woodmen representative in your community and begin to explore how shared values can work for you.
Find a rep near you
Need help finding a representative?
If you’re unable to find a Modern Woodmen representative in your community, we’d like to help.Contact the home office