How Modern Woodmen protects your information
Modern Woodmen of America is committed to keeping personal information confidential and secure. We employ a team of full-time privacy and information security professionals to guard your information and ensure our systems’ integrity. This team collaborates with other information security organizations and our own technical staff to stay abreast of the latest threats, maintain the skills needed to protect Modern Woodmen’s applicants and members, and to evolve our strategies and architecture.
To ensure the safety of your data, Modern Woodmen:
- Has developed processes, procedures and policies required to protect confidential information.
- Leverages top-tier information security tools, mechanisms and services to stop cyber threats.
- Conducts risk assessments on a regular basis to identify potential gaps in our protections.
- Has established an information security committee to consult with business users and departments to investigate security issues and evaluate products and processes.
- Ensures that incident response and business continuity plans are up to date. These plans are in place to make certain business operations are ongoing and to help us minimize the impact of a natural disaster or other interruption.
- Increases awareness of information security within our organization through training and communication.
- Bases its security requirements, baselines and compliance measurements on applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
Modern Woodmen is committed to protecting the funds our members place with us. This is a promise we’ve met since 1883. Learn more about our financial strength.
How you can protect yourself:
- Keep your internet browser, antivirus software, and hardware/software firewalls updated. Using the newest versions best protects your data from unauthorized sources.
- Never share your password with others. Your password is private information; keep it confidential.
- Do not loan your laptop or desktop computer to anyone. Giving other users access to your computer can put you and your personal information at risk.
- Be careful not to leave your computer unattended when you have applications with confidential data open.
- For more information on ways to keep your information safe, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website. You’ll find tips for protecting yourself and warning signs of identity theft.
For security and privacy information regarding products sold through Modern Woodmen’s broker dealer (MWA Financial Services, Inc.) or MWAGIA, Inc., contact those investment companies or insurance companies directly.
For security and privacy information regarding Modern Woodmen Bank, contact the bank directly.
We want to know!
Think you’ve received a suspicious email or phone call claiming to be from Modern Woodmen? Please let us know.
Call 800-447-9811, M-F 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Central time.