One way to attract, reward and retain top employees is through the use of an executive bonus plan.
An executive bonus plan is a flexible and discretionary plan that can be a simple and cost-effective way to provide a tax-deductible benefit to a key employee. It is a basic arrangement where the employer makes the premium payments for a life insurance contract owned by the employee. The bonus is usually tax-deductible for the business and is taxable to the employee as ordinary income.
Potential advantages for the employer:
- The employer selects which employees will be eligible to receive the bonus.
- The employer determines the amount of the bonus for each eligible employee.
- The employer receives a tax deduction equal to the amount of the bonus.
Potential advantages for the employee:
- The employee owns the contract and can name the beneficiaries.
- Liquid cash is available upon the employee’s death and life insurance death benefits are usually received income tax-free.
- Any available cash values are accessible through loans and/or withdrawals.
For more information on how an executive bonus plan can help you, please talk to a Modern Woodmen representative.
Your financial representative
Meet a Modern Woodmen representative in your community and begin to explore how shared values can work for you.
Find a rep near you
Need help finding a representative?
If you’re unable to find a Modern Woodmen representative in your community, we’d like to help.Contact the home office
Additional products and services
Talk to a representative to see what's best for you.
Permanent life insurance
Permanent life insurance provides protection for your entire life and can build cash value over time. Premiums remain level throughout your lifetime and can even be paid up within a specific time period. You can enjoy permanent protection for life without a permanent payment.Learn more