One way to attract, reward and retain top employees is through the use of an executive bonus plan.
An executive bonus plan is a flexible and discretionary plan that can be a simple and cost-effective way to provide a tax-deductible benefit to a key employee. It is a basic arrangement where the employer makes the premium payments for a life insurance contract owned by the employee. The bonus is usually tax-deductible for the business and is taxable to the employee as ordinary income.
Potential advantages for the employer:
- The employer selects which employees will be eligible to receive the bonus.
- The employer determines the amount of the bonus for each eligible employee.
- The employer receives a tax deduction equal to the amount of the bonus.
Potential advantages for the employee:
- The employee owns the contract and can name the beneficiaries.
- Liquid cash is available upon the employee’s death and life insurance death benefits are usually received income tax-free.
- Any available cash values are accessible through loans and/or withdrawals.
For more information on how an executive bonus plan can help you, please talk to a Modern Woodmen representative.
Your financial representative
Meet a Modern Woodmen representative in your community and begin to explore how shared values can work for you.
Find a rep near you
Need help finding a representative?
If you’re unable to find a Modern Woodmen representative in your community, we’d like to help.Contact the home office
Additional products and services
Talk to a representative to see what's best for you.
Term life insurance
Term life insurance provides low-cost protection and peace of mind for a certain period of time. While permanent protection is an important part of an overall life insurance plan, term insurance can protect you by helping to cover temporary needs, such as helping to pay off your mortgage or other debt. This can be an affordable way to help make sure your dreams and goals are protected.Learn more