Service operations will continue
Modern Woodmen service representatives and other home office staff members will continue to be available to assist you with your financial requests. That said, some will be working remotely, so here are some helpful reminders:
- You can access your account information online. There you can make a payment, update an address or phone number and more.
- Find printable forms online to make requests for beneficiary designation changes, certificate loans and more here.
- Remember that you can contact a local representative, too. Hold times for a home office Service Center rep will likely be longer than normal. A local financial representative may be more readily available to assist you.
Fraternal activities suspended through April; COVID-19 Relief Program and other benefits available
To protect the health and safety of our fraternal volunteer leaders and member participants, Modern Woodmen member chapters, Summit chapters and youth service clubs will not host events during this time.
However, Modern Woodmen is offering its members an alternate way to make an impact (while respecting social-distancing efforts) through a temporary fraternal relief program. Through Modern Woodmen’s COVID-19 Relief Program, Modern Woodmen chapters, Summit chapters and youth service clubs nationwide are encouraged to identify nonprofit or public organizations addressing local issues caused or exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Each chapter/club can provide support to their chosen organization through a direct monetary donation.
The program is an adjusted version of Modern Woodmen’s Matching Fund Program, where Modern Woodmen matches proceeds raised during member fundraisers, up to a set amount. With the COVID-19 Relief Program, the money is donated directly to the recipient organization, without the need for a separate fundraiser.
Modern Woodmen offers many fraternal benefits that can help members impacted by COVID-19, including:
- Fraternal Aid Fund: Members experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-related medical expenses could qualify to have their life insurance premiums paid by Modern Woodmen for a limited time.
- PerkSpot: Members can receive discounts on thousands of products and services, from groceries to entertainment.
- Final Wishes: Members can complete important planning steps while at home with this interactive online benefit.
- ScriptSave® WellRx: Eligible members can save money on a variety of health care products.
- Do-Good Grant®: Eligible members can receive $100 (and other resources) to plan a volunteer project in their community. The benefit allows members to help from home or through online methods. Modern Woodmen will give away up to 500 grants per year on a first-come, first-served basis.
Learn more and access these benefits on the member website.
Financial strength remains
- Modern Woodmen of America has been around since 1883, standing strong throughout world wars, national disease outbreaks, depressions and recessions.
- We make long-term financial decisions in the best interest of our members. You can be confident in our financial strength and our ability to meet short- and long-term obligations.
- The organization’s surplus reached over $2 billion at year-end 2019. Surplus and special reserves provide additional safety and ensure our ability to meet unforeseen events.
Your financial representative
Meet a Modern Woodmen representative in your community and begin to explore how shared values can work for you.
Find a rep near you
Need help finding a representative?
If you’re unable to find a Modern Woodmen representative in your community, we’d like to help.Contact the home office